Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Zucchini Cupcakes and the Farmer's Market


Look at how beautiful these tomatoes and plums and raspberries are. La Tartine Gourmande agrees the purple black cherry tomatoes are gorgeous. They're better than jewels, aren't they?

I made these cupcakes a few weeks ago, and beats me what I put in them, but I'm sure any number of googled recipes are good. It's a fluffier version of zucchini bread. I put a slice of plum in the bottom of the cupcake before they were baked, and topped them with cream cheese buttercream and a raspberry. All the best ingredients from the Farmer's Market. :)

6 comments:

Hilary said...

That sounds soooo good!
I just got my hands on some awesome raspberries and have been eating them with everything lately! Just finished some vanilla ice cream topped with raspberries before bed tonight . . .

amlamonte said...

hooray! i have been waiting for a tranquiliteaparty fix for a while now :) they look amazing, and im jealous of your farmers market.

apparentlyjessy said...

Mmm yum, those are some interesting flavours, the cupcake looks delicious, a slice of plum in the bottom? Ingenious!

Mary said...

Christi! You are so amazing! Its been far too long since I last checked out your blog...and I am astounded! You pretty much rock. I can't wait to see you!

WonderKitty said...

Wow, those look great! I love zucchini bread, and plums and raspberries. But I would not have thought to put them all together.

Candice said...

Now you've got me craving zucchini bread, and with that I always want to make some pumpking bread too. That picture of the fruit is beautiful!