Saturday, June 27, 2009

Daring Bakers: Bakewell Tart



I almost forgot that today is DB day! Sheesh. This is what happens when you don't do the challenge last minute.

The June Daring Bakers' challenge was hosted by Jasmine of Confessions of a Cardamom Addict and Annemarie of Ambrosia and Nectar. They chose a Traditional (UK) Bakewell Tart... er... pudding that was inspired by a rich baking history dating back to the 1800's in England.

Tarts with lemon curd, or raspberry jam, or chopped cherries. Recipes found here. And I'm completely sold on this crust ...

15 comments:

Anna said...

Nice, little tarts you have :) They look delicious - and I'm sure they were! Cheers.

Sara said...

Gorgeous photos! I love the little tarts!! :) Very cute.

Anonymous said...

Super cute mini tarts, I am sold on this crust also, I think its going to be my go to pie crust from now on.

Anonymous said...

Your tarts are stunning! Love the lemon curd and raspberry, plus your photos are lovely!

Isabelle Lambert said...

vraiment beau toutes ces petites tartelettes :)

Dragon said...

What goregous little tarts! Great job on this month's challenge.

WonderKitty said...

Those look amazing. I would love to come over one day while you are baking. Just to observe and talk. Call me next time you have a project!

apparentlyjessy said...

Yummy! I love tarts, any flavour will do!

Amy J. said...

These look wonderful! Congrats on a great challenge.

kristenly said...

your tarts turned out to be soo cute!

Lou | Crumbs and Corkscrews said...

I love your little tarts, they look fantastic :) Congratulations on this month's challenge.

ice tea: sugar high said...

All three varieties sounds delish. Great job, the tartellettes look fantastic

isa said...

All this varieties sounds delicious! I particularly like the lemon curd . Your photos are lovely!

jasmine said...

Ardorable tarts. Glad you like the crust.

Thanks for participating.
j

Kenna - everythinggal.com said...

Beautiful tarts! You must have the cutest little tart pans. Lovely!